Saturday, January 2, 2010

Procrastination

A friend of mine - a fellow blogger in fact - gave me a diary for this year. 2010. She went to Hong Kong and she says she just decided to buy one for me, as a casual gift, also to prevent me from further commiting the heinous act of procrastinating, as she put it. I can remember her stuffing it in my bag. I felt guilty, honestly. I mean neither of us are the type to give gifts, even got birthdays; although she did give
me a card. I, on the other hand, didn't get her anything. And I don't even know why. I can't blame it entirely on the fact that I don't exactly come from a rich family. Maybe they've instilled in me a bit of scrooge-ness, I don't know - but the point is, I never got her anything.
I know a lot of people in my school. And I don't think a whole lot of them know about what I was before getting here. It can be a pain to have to hide something so huge - an immense and all-encompassing heart of darkness - from everyone I know, but I do it pretty well. She, however... She uncovered something. She's just so frank and honest and she makes you trust her so easily...
I am saying this now because I think I have been procrastinating. It's like with having to do a huge poject at school that you don't know anything about. You put it off till the very deadline then you rush it out and you barely pass it. Except that the deadline in life is pretty final. It literally is in fact a DEADline.
I want to say thank you to everybody who has shaped me, whether they did it gently or took a knife and ripped a slash into me, scarring me forever but still, making an impact and having an influence on me.

I don't want to procrastinate anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment