Friday, January 1, 2010

Anew?

NOW why didn't I begin writing today, eh? Then my blog's birthday would have been nice and round, pretty commercially remember-able. 
Oh, and happy new year everyone. Drinks all around now! Congratulations for coming full circle since last year, all the way back to the famed 'new beginning' everyone seems to refer to at some point in the previous year - I hope I do better next year; I hope Man U wins Chelsea next year; I hope my son will lay off the video games and concentrate on his O levels next year, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. It is easy, I think, to pin hopes and wishes and dreams on something so far away it seems such aspirations, such goals would be achievable by that time. Human optimism is after all something fragile and breakable but oh so strong when we put our faith into the mysterious fooleries of our language.
What's your New Year's Resolution? I don't know about mine. But it's definitely something along these lines:
I will stop procrastinating, both in my daily life and in my life itself, in the long term. Or at least I'll do it less. And I will start loving people, really loving them because I will know that within them is something good and something precious. I will fight but I will fight only when I have to, and should. I will begin smiling more often and letting go when I can. Most importantly I will give and accept, love and cherish, and be grateful for what I have for the moment.
At least, that's what I hope. And dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment