Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hesitation

SHOULD you head out now? Or should you sit and wait for the rain to pass? You know you tell yourself that you wouldn't be wasting any time but eventually, of course, you end up just watching the drops, wondering if by this time they were plummeting to the ground, stabbing into it vengefully, or merely scattering themselves across the thirsty, dry earth. You see the problem with waiting is you'll never know if the storm will subside in five minutes, or five hours or days. It's a calculated risk whether to go out there and brave the danger of taking an unintentional shower. And I keep hearing people tell me to wait out the storms, staying indoors or under shelter. And then every single time words along those lines settle upon my ears, waiting to be heard, I try to find a formula to work out when to wait and when to just do it. After all, the rains could get worse. But after hours of letting my thoughts mingle with the rain, I discovered a formula is not possible when you're talking about raindrops free enough to get to fall down from the sky when as yet nothing is above it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment