Sunday, February 28, 2010

If Tomorrow Never Came

29th February comes once in every four years.
I imagined today if the days were like a land you travel through, a land of time. Would the day after 28th February drop off into nothing, or would it be more like a gentle continuation, perhaps even completely unperturbed, into the 1st of March?
If tomorrow never came and I never woke up after I go to sleep tonight, would I regret? Would I even get the chance to taste that white panic of pain, the bitter taste at the back of my mouth and my eyes, telling me that I had been stupid, so stupid, to een think so naively for so long?

If tomorrow never came would it all have been for nothing? Every bead of perspiration I have sweated, every tear that has ever welled up in my eyes, every drop of blood that came leaking out of my heart when all those people came and stomped all over it?

For nothing?
Or for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment