Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Short Note

IT has occurred to me that this blog I'm posting on will never make a difference. I'm not even going to put a hopeful "probably" into that sentence, for old readers of mine to titter fondly at in a couple decades' time, pulling up old memories of a seemingly crazy girl on cutting edge screens, probably crystal by that time, with the computer itself just a projection, virtual keyboard and all.
And normally bloggers would realize that maybe after a few posts at least. But I'm going to start by saying that I don't think this one little website will ever make a difference. I don't think I will make much of a difference myself, being only one little carbon atom sitting here hoping nobody in my family notices I'm secretly blogging, occasionally softly singing songs under my breath, dreaming I'm a superstar. 
Oh yes, I have dreams, by the way, even if they are ridiculous. I'm a teenager aren't I? Teenagers are allowed to dream in secret. Teenagers are allowed to spend their time doing pointless things, daring one another to do pigheaded, law-bending acts. Teenagers are allowed to waste days playing computer games till the wee hours of the morning. Teenagers are allowed to go mall-crawling together. Teenagers are allowed to have the time of their lives in this short moment of carefree-ness - all the while subconsciously ensuring that everything they do is in direct defiance of their parents' wishes. And, at the end of the day, they are allowed to regret.   

So yes, I do not think I will be able to make much of a difference with this blog.   

I'm only a dreamer in a story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment